Over 800 brands undertook Guinness World Records title attempts last year, with a number of those incredible achievements making the pages of our annual book.
While all will be revealed on 7 September, we couldn’t wait until then. So here’s a little glimpse of one of the featured record attempts, which was sponsored by Betfair.
Earlier this year the betting company challenged Arsenal FC players Laurent Koscielny, Nacho Monreal, Francis Coquelin and Theo Walcott to attempt a Guinness World Records title attempt for the Highest altitude football dropped and controlled, as part of its Ultimate Cash Out Control Challenge. On the day, Theo managed to smash the existing record with a successful attempt from a staggering 34 metres.
In our exclusive video above, Harry Phillips, Senior Sponsorship & PR Manager at Betfair and Adam Wright, Account Manager at Pitch Marketing Group, gave us the inside scoop on how this particular record-breaking campaign came to life.
Harry tells all about how Theo’s world beating ball control skills aligned with the company’s marketing objectives while Adam explains why he thinks the sense of jeopardy was key to ensuring the video was a viral hit.
* To celebrate the launch of our 2018 book, we’re offering one lucky brand or agency an immersive experience with our in-house creative team, along with a pair of Snapchat Spectacles to help record the action.
To enter the competition, visit the Guinness World Records page on LinkedIn and tell us which Arsenal FC player set a Guinness World Records title for the Highest altitude football dropped and controlled.
1. Competition open to employees of brands and agencies based in the UK and Republic of Ireland, excluding employees of Guinness World Records Limited (“GWR”) and their immediate families.
2. Entries must be received by GWR no later than midnight ( BST) on 30 September, 2017.
3. No more than one entry per person will be permitted.
4. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and entrants agree to be bound by them.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
6. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries late or lost due to the internet. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
7. One (1) winner shall win one pair of Snapchat Spectacles plus one immersive Records Lab experience. There will be no cash alternatives but GWR retains the right in the event that the prize is not available to substitute the prize for an equivalent of equal or greater monetary value.
8. The winner will be selected at random in a draw to take place on or around 30 September, 2017. The judge’s decision is final and the winner will be notified by email within twenty eight (28) days of the closing date. Only the winner will be contacted personally.
9. If a winner fails to confirm acceptance of the prize by return correspondence within seven (7) days of being notified, GWR reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant.
10. The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity.
11. GWR shall not be liable for loss or damage which the winner may suffer in respect of the prize but liability is not excluded for death or personal injury caused by GWR’s negligence.
12. The promoter of this competition is Guinness World Records Limited whose registered office is at South Quay Building, 12th Floor, 189 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SH.
13. GWR will hold your personal data (name and email address) to ensure compliance with these rules and to supply you with the prize if you win. Your personal data will not be sent to any party except as required to administer the competition.
14. The terms of this competition are subject to English law
15. Please retain a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference