Justin Bieber’s widespread popularity in the Twitter world has led him to extend two milestone social media records for Most followers on Twitter (male) and Most followers on Twitter for a male pop star.
Unofficially declared the reigning King of Twitter, he has managed to gain a surge of 7 million followers since May of this year, which has brought him to the 100,055,646 as of 1 September 2017.
Justin’s huge fan base of Beliebers coupled with the success of his smash hit albums has led to the pop singer claiming Most followers on Twitter (male) since 2016, and Most followers on Twitter for a male popstar since 2013.
Twitter is currently celebrating the occasion with the hashtag #100MBeliebers, congratulating the iconic celebrity on his landmark achievement.
This isn’t the first time the Canadian singer has made headlines for shattering global records.
Last year, Guinness World Records honored Justin with eight additional records that he earned as result of his successful music career.
The 23-year-old Canadian musician now has a total of fifteen remarkable record titles that span across a variety of categories: ranging from his thriving fan base to his award-winning hits.
As of today, his collective Guinness World Records titles include:
- First act to occupy top three positions simultaneously on UK singles chart
- Youngest solo artist to achieve five No.1 US albums
- Most streamed album on Spotify - for 2015 album Purpose
- First solo artist to have three No.1 albums before the age of 18 (US)
- Most MTV Europe Music Awards won - 20 awards
- First music act with a music channel viewed three billion times
- Most simultaneous tracks on US singles chart - 17 tracks, most from album Purpose
- Youngest male solo artist to debut at No.1 on Billboard Hot 100
- Most subscribers for a musician on YouTube (male) - 31,132,396 subscribers
- Most Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards won by a male singer - five blimps
- Most Teen Choice Awards won by a musician (male) - 19 awards
- Most Teen Choice Awards won by an individual (male) - 20 awards
- Most viewed music channel on YouTube (individual) - 15,116,431,053 views
- viewsMost followers on Twitter (male) - 100,051,376 followers
- Most followers on Twitter for a male pop star - 100,051,376 followers
His most recently attained titles are a reflection of the impact he has had in the music industry since he first began singing in 2008.
Nearly ten years later, Justin has managed to obtain several records musicians hope to achieve in the span of their careers.
We look forward to seeing more record-breaking success from Justin in 2018.