Guinness World Records, the global authority on record breaking achievement, in conjunction with C Squared’s Festival of Media Latin America, are announcing the shortlist of Latin American campaign nominees for the "Record-breaking Brand" award, a unique prize designed to recognize brands who have best utilized their world record titles within innovative media campaigns.
The shortlist of brands was selected by the Festival of Media judges, while the final winner will be chosen by the public and announced at the Festival of Media Latin America awards ceremony in Miami on October 3 . The Festival of Media is the premier media industry award show, which sees the most influential brands from across the world discuss pressing trends within the industry.
The shortlist will be open to public vote from August 19 to Sept. 12, 2014, by clicking on this link.
Shortlisted media campaigns include live events, experiential activation and digital content creation. The brands and campaign nominees which have been shortlisted include:
- Cervezo Modelo Especial, Mexico: Tallest flower structure
- CIMA KIDS (SAMBITO), Ecuador: Most plastic bottles recycled (one week)
- Fundacion Tierranuestra, Paraguay: Largest harp ensemble
- Grupo Herdez, Mexico: Largest digital photo exhibition
- Hellman’s Chile (Digital Bond Ltda.), Chile: Longest line of hot dogs
- Instituto Mexicano del Seguiro Social (IMSS) & NBA, NFL, FMF, Mexico: Largest linked race – most pairs (single venue)
- Peneirinha Gillette (Grupo RBS), Brazil: Largest football trials
- Red Bull Colombia, Colombia: Longest downhill bicycle stair race
- Services Comunicaciones Norte (Pilsen Trujillo), Peru: Largest marinera dance (multiple venue)
- Whirlpool Mexico and Ariel Power Pods, Mexico: Largest mobile laundromat
- SENAC-RS, Brazil: Largest chocolate rabbit
Commenting on the partnership with Festival of Media, Caroline Carr, Group Marketing Director of C Squared Networks, says: "We are proud to work with Guinness World Records to attract the region’s leading brands to The Festival of Media LATAM and recognize the record holders who use Guinness World Records achievements in ever-more creative, innovative media campaigns. All those on the shortlist are deserving of the accolade, but it is up to the industry to determine which campaign will walk away with the award.”
Festival of Media was created by C Squared Networks Ltd, the UK-based business publishing, events and technology brand.
The "Record-breaking Brand" award category has been introduced into the three flagship events of the Festival of Media Conference and Awards series – Festival of Media Asia Pacific; Festival of Media Global, and Festival of Media Latin America.
In April, at the Festival of Media Global held in Rome, Grupo Santander took home the accolade, edging out 14 other competitors for their Largest Sports Trivia Competition campaign that engaged millions of football fans across Latin America.
Is your brand ready to take center stage with a record attempt of its own? Talk to our team today for bespoke record-breaking ideas for your group or business.