Guinness World Records is today pleased to reveal our spectacular 2018 edition, showcasing extraordinary feats from record holders across the globe.
In this year’s book, now available for purchase in the USA and Canada, the spotlight is on the world of superheroes, from fictional crime fighters to the real-life superhumans who do exceptional things in the name of record-breaking.
The latest edition of the well-loved book features thousands of brand new records from the natural world, science, social media, technology, music, film and sports - including record holders in classic GWR categories such as Human Body, Big Stuff and Collections.
Jam-packed with thousands of never before seen records, the Guinness World Records 2018 edition illuminates the wide realm of record-breaking achievement for children and adults alike, and promises to inform, entertain and inspire like only Guinness World Records can.
Of the latest edition, Guinness World Records Editor-in-Chief Craig Glenday said: “We might have been inspired this year by fictional superheroes, but the focus for this edition is celebrating the planet's real-life superheroes, who come in all shapes and sizes. We believe that everyone has a superpower that’s waiting to be discovered, and our search for the latest record-breaking talent has brought us into contact with some truly superhuman characters.
“Beyond these wonder women and super men, you’ll also find an awe-inspiring roster of record-breakers, from talented pets and remarkable feats of engineering to amazing wonders from the natural world and every significant sporting achievement of the past year.”
GWR 2018, which is the 63rd edition of the best-selling annual, is packed from cover to cover with global stories, accomplishments and triumphs, sure to motivate the next generation of real-life superheroes.
There is also a full chapter dedicated to the fictional superheroes who have captured the imaginations of the public for decades – from comic books to film, from video games to Comic Con and beyond.
Readers of the 2018 book will find:
- Spreads bursting with fascinating record-breaking facts from the worlds of sports, movies, music, nature, food, science, the animal kingdom, social media, technology and engineering
- A spread dedicated entirely to Emojis – for the first time ever
- Breath-taking photography bringing the very best new records to life
- Quiz questions on every double page, to put the whole family’s knowledge to the test
- Ten free-to-download Superlative Posters featuring the extremes from GWR’s Fastest, Highest, Longest, Tallest categories, amongst others
- Fun and engaging infographic columns packed full of quick-fire facts
Guinness World Records 2018 edition is available NOW in the US and Canada!
Purchase the Guinness World Records 2018 book online and in stores along with other titles in the Guinness World Records Collection including the Guinness World Records Gamer’s Edition 2018, and our brand new title, Guinness World Records: Amazing Animals.